Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Been Awhile!

Ok, so I know it has been a long while since I last posted. I apologize to all of you. However, what better time to post about special meals and special diets than the Holidays, which are rapidly approaching?

Yes, I thought so too.

So, where did we leave off? Oh, yeah, my son is on a better diet, he can now eat chicken, which will be added to my recipes on this site. Also, he now has no issue with bananas, good deal. However, he has new issues with strawberries, go figure.

So, over the next few weeks, I will be posting recipes that address the mother of all meals, Thanksgiving.
I know that many of us get night sweats and palpitations at the idea of cooking for this event of all foodie events, irregardless of whether or not there are special food considerations. If there are special food considerations, we have even more cause for alarm.

I am going to ask you to do one thing for me, Don't Panic!!!!

We will and can get through this...
We can plan and cook a dinner that will not only support our special kids' special diet, but also please and placate the numerous family members that will be eating as well.

Trust me on this, I won't steer you wrong.

I have been cooking  THE Thanksgiving meal for my family for four years now and that includes extended family, friends who don't cook, and various lonely service men and women who end up at my doorstep on Thursday afternoon, right about 2pm.

Remember, my family has a allergy-free home, which means that everyone is eating what we eat, no exceptions.

I am happy to report that I have had no complaints about the food.

So, next week, the first recipes I will post will be for stuffing, gluten, preservative, and dairy free stuffing recipes. We will get through this! I promise!

See you next week!

Sincerely,
Gluten Free Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment